I found this delicious recipe here and I’m so glad I did! This Roasted Potato and Cabbage Salad makes use of winter veggies to create a hearty and healthy side dish. Next time I make this, I plan to add either raisins or another dried fruit, maybe diced apricots; I think a bit of added sweetness would set off the herbs and cabbage wonderfully. Eat this with eggs cooked to your liking for a light supper.
Roasted Potato and Cabbage Salad
(recipe courtesy of www.eyecandypopper.com)
- 8 small potatoes (use different colors!)
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 or two tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of almonds, crushed or chopped coarsely (I used pumpkin seeds)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450*F. Wash potatoes and sweet potato, slice thickly, and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil. Line a pan with parchment paper and bake for about 25 minutes. Take care they don’t burn!
- While the potatoes bake, prepare the dressing: in a resealable container, shake together the mustard, vinegar, tahini, maple syrup, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Slice the cabbage and onion very thinly. Put them in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- When the potatoes are roasted, remove from the oven and let cool 5-10 minutes, then toss into the salad. Top salad with almonds and cilantro (and next time I’m adding dried fruit here too!)
Explore, experiment, enjoy! — Dana
To view even more of Dana’s unique recipe, you can visit her at Frugal Girlmet!