Welcome to Campground USA
Log Cabins, Nature Trails, Canoes, Paddle Boats, Bikes, Fishing
Once upon a time there were 5 girlfriends–Teresa, Jennifer, Tonya, Diane, and Martha–headed to a weekend retreat. They were riding down the road giggling so hard that their sides were splitting. Then all of a sudden, they saw a road sign up ahead that read:
You are now entering the Prince of Darkness Territory.
You are a Target!
Deciding that they would not allow fear to defeat them, they continued on their journey, and met up with 2 bu loads of women. Previous plans were cancelled and all 150 plus women ended up camping at Campground USA studying Girls With Swords by Lisa Bevere.
What a time they have had! Tonight was their last night together before heading back home. I can’t wait to hear what my 4 girlfriends have to say about the final chapter: Cross Carry. Let’s head on down to the bonfire.
Throughout our study of Girls With Swords, we have learned that we are Chosen, Equipped, and Armed. This week, we have been COMMISSIONED to enter active service. ‘Commissioned’ means: the act of granting certain powers or the authority to carry out a particular task or duty; a group of people officially authorized to perform certain duties or functions; in active service; authority to undertake or perform certain duties.
Preparation for Active Service
1. Jesus gives The Great Commission: “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, GO and make disciples of all the nations, BAPTIZE them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. TEACH these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
2. How to carry out this job? “If anyone would COME after me, let him DENY himself and TAKE up his cross and FOLLOW me.” (Matthew 16:24)
3. What is OUR cross? It is our part of the Kingdom. We each have a job that only we can do.
Take up your cross, do your job, and be honored to lay your crown down at the feet of Jesus.
Quoting Lisa: “Jesus didn’t hold formal crusades, conferences, or even weekly services. Yet every waking moment of his life was a message. There is nothing wrong with these, but they are rarely part of our everyday lives. Jesus carried God with Him every day, everywhere He went, and He is asking you to do the same. Embracing all of what God has done for you and reflecting this new life to others can be likened to taking up the cross. As we lay hold of this truth, we carry ourselves and see our world differently.”
How does each of our lives become a living message?
- It comes down to TRUST.
- Will I let God use me, this fragile clay jar, in order to further the gospel message?
For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.
We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
(2 Corinthians 4:6-7)
I have loved learning about the various crosses we are to carry, the true power we have as girls with swords, and the true power that those swords possess. We are instructed to wield different kinds of swords, to possess different characteristics.
I have asked, “How do I do this and do it the right way, Lord?” Two words: “Follow Him.”
- Loved the people (Matthew 4:23)
- Forgave the people (Matthew 9:2-8)
- Fed the people (Acts 10:38)
- Redeemed the people (Psalm 107:2)
As Lisa said: “The Cross is our sign and you are His wonder.“
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. (Hebrews 10:23-25)
Love. Forgive. Free. Heal. Redeem. Encourage.
In Zechariah 9:13, God tells us He will make us like a warrior’s sword: “From now on people are my swords.”
1. A Sword
- As God’s warrior swords we put Him on display each morning as we begin our day letting His love shine through our imperfect human flesh.
- Quoting Lisa: “Daughter of God, turn from your reflection, deny its limitations, and reflect Him.”
2. A Hero
- Being a hero is getting rid of yourself, and filling up your life with Jesus.
- When we let ourselves be God’s sword, we become His hero as well.
- Being a hero has nothing to do with us, it has everything to do with what we let flourish inside of us: Jesus
- Quoting Lisa: “Live like a hero, and you will strike a sure blow to the enemy, and the captives will be set free.”
Be sensitive and obedient to the Holy Spirit’s leading in your life. As He leads you, Satan will be cut by the living Sword you have let flourish. Lost, lonely, hurting captives will be set free, and you will be nowhere to be found but living as a hero in Christ!
And so it was a night to end all nights around the campfire. “Something” got a hold of everyone in that campground.
- Such singing like you never heard led by Coleen
- A pink bedazzled sword group led by Diane marched around the bonfire as in the Jericho March
- The prayer team of Coleen, Merol, and Mary laid hands on every single woman in attendance
- Much scriptures were given by Mary, Clella, Colleen, Amy, and Kim
- At midnight, Christi started preaching again
And just when we thought it couldn’t get any better, Laurie started dancing around that bonfire. To put it mildly, she danced, shall we say a Freedom Dance. She stopped long enough to say: “Come on everybody, join in with me, and let’s dance!”
Oh, how I do love to worship the Lord, but I have got to tell you that, in public, I am a little conservative. But, when I saw Laurie dancing, something moved in me, and I said to myself; “I want that kind of freedom, too.” And so I began to move out slowly at first, but then, it happened. What came upon me next was not, shall we say, a little charismatic skip and hop, it was a warfare dance. Bondages fell off me, and I felt like The Great Commission had now taken root and would become active in my life.
And that’s the way our time together ended—worshipping the Lord, and dancing into the night.
Lord, how we thank You for this time of studying Your Word together. We thank You for using Lisa Bevere in our lives to learn more about the sword You have given us to wear daily. We pray Your blessings upon her as she travels around the globe ministering to the lost and hurting. I close with: May we all fulfill The Great Commission in our lives. In Jesus’ name, I pray, Amen!
Now a word from our Founder, Christi Wilson:
Ladies, I pray this last study has been as much of a blessing to you, as it has been to us! We have enjoyed learning from Lisa Bevere, and will continue to lift her in prayer, as we have each day of this study.
We hope you will join us for our next study that begins July 8th.
Written by Teresa J Bolme, especially for Girlfriends Coffee Hour, “I AM” will be a study about discovering who the great I AM is, who you are in the great I AM, and what your eternal hope is in the great I AM! This is an amazing study, and we are so excited to share it with you. I want to personally thank Teresa for all the many hours she put into writing this study! The Holy Spirit truly led her in the writing of this book, and we are very appreciative! We feel very blessed to have such a talented person, as Teresa is, on our Leadership Team! THANK YOU TERESA!
We will release the study next Wednesday, July 3rd. You will be able to purchase it then with a donation to Girlfriends Coffee Hour, in ANY AMOUNT. This helps us defray the ministry and website costs that we incur; as well as helping us provide Bibles to those who are in need of one.
You are able to REGISTER TODAY, but will not be able to purchase the study until July 3rd. Once you register, we will email you when the study is ready to purchase and download to your computer.
Once again, thank you for joining us again in this “Girls With Swords” study. May the good Lord bless you, and all that you put your hands to, in Jesus’ Name, AMEN