Each day, we hear many different prayer requests; some of them are not even spoken out loud, but they are seen. How is it possible to keep track of all of these requests when there are so many of them! We have our spouse, self, kids, marriage, finances, grandchildren, outside family members, friends, community/church leaders, government officials, and our Country, that we should be praying over every day.
I have been on the lookout for the perfect Prayer Journal, and I think I have finally found something that will work for me. I want to share it with you today; PLUS, you will get FREE downloads at the end of this blog!! I hope you will utilize these free downloads and then let me know how this journal works for you!
3-ring Notebook (what’s called a View Binder)
Sheet Protectors (at least 10)
College-lined Notebook Paper
Washi-Tape, if you want to decorate your cover and/or pages
1. Print out the free downloads found below
2. Insert each printout into a sheet protector
3. Attach an index tab onto the sheet protector for each category (listed below)
4. Insert sheet protectors into the 3-ring notebook in the following order:
- Worship — this section is to be used for praising and worshiping God for who He is in your life! I’ve also printed out a list of the names of God so when I need to pray for provision, or healing, I can pray to Jehovah Jireh, or Jehovah Raphe, and so on.
- Confess — this section is to be used for any kind of confession you need to make. 1 John 1:9 says that “if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness.” This is so important to confess our sins, so He is able to forgive us, and then cleanse us of all that unrighteousness, so that we are then in right-standing with Him, again!
- Thanks — this section is for thanking God for anything you can think of that you are thankful for, i.e., your spouse, kids, marriage, health, family, job, provisions, church, freedom to worship Him, and so on.
- Calendar – here you will add all 12 months of the year. Then you will add in any birthdays or anniversaries of family and friends. Then you will go to this calendar each day, to see who you will be praying for on a specific day. For anniversaries, I pray over the marriage of that friend or family member. I will also list specific days for prayer requests such as friends/family doctor visits, surgeries and so on, so I can be praying over them on that particular day.
- Daily – MONDAY: Family – spouse, self, kids, marriage, jobs, ministries, and each of my ten grandchildren! TUESDAY: My Christian Friends. WEDNESDAY: Non-Christian friends, that they might find Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and any other needs that they may have. THURSDAY: Girlfriends Coffee Hour Leaders / Members / Ministry, and my Church Leaders – Pastors, Deacons, Board of Elders, and so on. FRIDAY: our country, President, government officials, local community officials.
- Apply – this section is to reflect my quiet time w/God and how I am going to apply to my life the things that I heard God speaking to me that morning. I think it is truly necessary to not only have that quiet time, but to meditate on the “how” of what God is saying to you!
- Journal – this section reflects any devotions, poems, sermons, radio or online messages that have spoken to you, or anything else you would like to journal in regards to your spiritual walk.
- Favorite Scriptures – here I list all of the Scriptures that have spoken to me over the years.
- Worship Songs – this section I use for praise and worship songs that I have found on YouTube, or sung in church, that spoke to my heart. I want to remember these songs, so when I need to spend some personal time with Him, or want to praise Him or worship Him in song, I can come to this section to find the songs that fit the need I have for that day. I LOVE this section!!
Since I use a full size notebook, I don’t carry this with me throughout the day; but I do carry a small notebook. That way I can write down the requests as I go through my day, and then enter them into my prayer journal at the end of the day. Everything is kept in one place—nice, neat, and tidy…just the way I like it!!
To download your FREE Prayer Journal sheets, just click on the links below. Save them to your computer, and then print them out when you are ready to put together your very own Prayer Journal. Again, once you start using this system, I would love to hear back from you to see how you are doing with it!
God’s blessings on your day!
To download each page, click on the link, save the page to your computer. To print a 5.5″ x 8.5″ cover page for the smaller 3-ring notebooks, just set your printer to print 2 per page. You will have an extra cover page, but you could also use the extra pages to create a prayer journal for a friend as a gift!