October 25, 2014

The Resolution for Women – Integrity

“Blessed are those whose way is blameless”

Psalm 119:1

____________________________

This week in The Resolution for Women, we will discuss Integrity, and what that means in our own lives.  When I think of the word Integrity, it says to me

  • Am I the same person in public that I am in the privacy of my own home?
  • Is the life that I lead honoring God?
  • Am I compromising my own moral values for what society calls “Okay”?
  • Am I accepting evil in a justifiable way?

Most people look at integrity as a way of being perfect; no sin, etc.  That, we know, will never happen because man has a sinful nature.  The only human that ever walked this earth was Jesus himself.  But with the Holy Spirit living inside of us, we are able to live a life of integrity if we allow Him to guide us.

I am going to, once again, post a video here by Priscilla Shirer speaking about this chapter of her book.  At the beginning of this video, she briefly discusses the last chapter on Forgiveness, but it then moves in to this weeks lesson on Integrity.

After watching the video, I will post something that she shared that I thought was rather interesting…..here’s Priscilla….

(Girlfriends Coffee Hour does not in any way endorse the Crossroads Membership Pledge mentioned at the end of this video)

______________

Did you catch what she said about the Rat Poison?

3% of the ingredients in rat poison is actually poison.  Just 3%!!  The other 97% is stuff that will actually taste good to the rat to attract it to the poison.

What 97% of the things in your own life is pulling you to the 3% of the poison (evil) ???

How many marriages focus on just the 3% of the “poison” in their marriage, only to end in divorce and never even think of the other 97%???

What 3% in your own life is keeping you from God’s fullness?

Ask yourself this question:  Is what I am doing behind closed doors bringing honor to God?

Or, Can I ask God to bless what I am doing or saying?

If the answer is no to either one of those last questions, maybe it’s time to talk to God about what is happening in your life. God does not want the activity in your life to bring you to dulled spiritual sensitivity.  He wants you to be filled to the fullest that You can have through Christ Jesus!

Besides, God already knows what goes on behind closed doors.  He already knows what you are watching on television, or looking at on the computer.  He already knows what is happening in your marriage, or at work.  He already knows the things you are involved in, or the things you are addicted to.

All He is doing now is waiting for you to bring it to Him, confess it, and ask for forgiveness, so you can walk in the Integrity , the fullness, that He has for you!  What are you waiting for?  He’s ready when you are…..

__________________

Let’s Pray:

Father, this week in this bible study, we talk about Integrity and what that means.  The resolution calls for us to no longer tolerate evil influences, even in the most justifiable form; either in our homes, or in ourselves.  It calls for us to embrace and encourage a life of purity.

Lord, if there are things in our lives today that prevent us from living this life of purity, we ask that You reveal it to us now.  Once they are revealed, Father, we will confess it out loud to You, so we can hear it with our own ears.  We then will seek You for forgiveness of those things in our lives.  In 1 John 1:9, Lord, Your word tells us that if we confess our sins, You are faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  

We ask You today Lord to forgive us for the things in our life that are causing us to walk with an unclean heart, and outside of integrity.  We ask that You create in us a clean heart, as we strive to grow deeper in our walk with You, and more intimate in our relationship with You.

In Jesus’ Name, AMEN!

__________________

Your Assignment:

Answer below in the comment section what the word Integrity means to you.  Who do you know in your life that walks with the utmost integrity?  Tell us about that person.

________________

After you complete this assignment, then go back to your Facebook Group and see what Megan has for us for our daily activity.  I’m sure it is going to be interesting!!  If you do not belong to one of our FB Groups, and you wish to be added, please send us an email to: GirlfriendsCoffeeHour@gmail.com, and we’ll be happy to add you!!

Tomorrow, Megan will be with us to discuss the next chapter of this section:  Structural Soundness

Have a GREAT Week Everyone! I look forward to reading your comments below!

Like Be the first one who likes this post!
About Christi Wilson

Founder of GCH. She lives in Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin.
Christi is the wife to her wonderful husband Gary, mom/step-mom to her four amazing kids, and grandmother to ten gorgeous Grandchildren.

Comments

  1. Doing what's right no matter who's around, if anybody.
    My husband is one of the most integrity filled people I know. In a job where people are known for taking shortcuts and not doing things they way they should be done just to get things moving instead of fixing it right, he will take the time to actually fix it if he can and if his boss leaves him no option he will let him know that he doesn't agree and why. My FIL is the same way.

  2. My husband is the one I know who walks with the utmost integrity. He does not tolerate any evil influences even in the most justifiable form in himself and in our home. He embraces a life of purity.

  3. I am a mentor to a couple of younger women in our church with struggles in their marriage. I want to be an example of what God calls me to be as a wife-for them to see! So I ask God all the time to make me a women of integrity in my marriage so these women can see how good it can be. Boy! does this get hard when they ask questions about things they are doing and seeing in their everyday life!!! I really have to examine my own life here so that I can be honest and help them in their world. It is hard!! So much is out there that we need to not be a part of and it looks so innocent! Luckily we have a God and a plan (the Bible) to follow that will help us everyday if we just ask for it!! My husband is a good example of integrity at work and with his family as well. In a world where we can take short cuts and it will maybe turn out right, he never does! He goes the extra mile always and God has been with him every step. he builds me up and helps me make right choices all the time!!!

Please feel free to leave a comment.