“Blessed Are Those Whose Way Is Blameless”
This week we will discuss “My Integrity” in this Chapter written by Priscilla Schirer, in the book “The Resolution for Women”. I have to say that this book has been one of the BEST books / bible studies I’ve ever done! It has truly been life-changing, not only for me, but for many other women doing this study with us here at Girlfriends Coffee Hour!!
This is our 3rd study at GCH; and it’s just one of MANY more to come! For just a moment, I would like to talk to you about Online Bible Studies, since we are close to the end of this study! I’d like to start by telling you first what an Online Bible Study is:
An Online Bible Study is a place where Christian and non-Christian women gather to study God’s word, online! It usually consists of a group of women who join a group, like Facebook, or Google Groups. Here at GCH, we first decide on the book that we want to study, and then we begin with blogging about it on our web site. We then take the study back to the groups for discussion in our Facebook Group.
Why an Online Bible Study?
There are so many benefits to doing an Online Study! I submitted this question to the women in our current groups, and this is what they came up with:
- Good way to meet and share faith with other women
- Go at your own pace
- Can go back and review at your own convenience
- Can participate from anywhere..carpool, school, vacation, etc.
- Can study in the convenience of your own home AND in your jammies!!
- Fellowship w/ women all across the world
- Expanding your experience outside of your denomination
- Participating in studies that may not be available in your area
- Fellowship of other Godly women that listen, support & encourage each other
- Meeting new folks
- Growing and going deeper in the word with each other
- You can study when it is convenient for you…day or night!
- Working women don’t have to worry about what time or day a public study takes place
- New Mommies can study with the group whenever the new baby allows her to study!
- Those who’ve had surgery and can’t leave the house don’t have to worry about missing bible study!
- And the list goes on……..
The benefits of an Online Bible Study outweigh the reasons not to. And to be fair, I want to share the points these women shared with me for the reasons an OBS doesn’t work out:
- Miss the one on one fellowship
- May spread yourself thin by participating in too many at a time
- Tempted to check in too many times a day
- Not being able to ‘really’ tell is someone is genuine
- If you’re not computer savvy you may get discouraged and quit
In my past experience of hosting Online Bible Studies and creating OBS Groups on Facebook, I can honestly say that it’s been one of the best experiences I’ve ever had in ministry! I’ve seen women grow in leaps and bounds. I’ve seen women become friends from all across the world! I’ve seen women experience the goodness of God from all kinds of different backgrounds. Women have made amazing friendships in these study groups. It has truly been an amazing blessing in so many ways!!
We will be introducing brand new studies coming up SOON!! Studies for our Women’s, Teens, Singles, and Fitness Ministries! We are so very excited to be able to offer YOU these studies, and to see what God will do in YOUR life through this ministry!
So, stay tuned! We’ll be making our announcements SOON!
Your Reading Assignment this week can be found by clicking HERE
If you do not yet belong to one of our Facebook OBS Groups, and would like to be placed in one, please send us an email to: GirlfriendsCoffeeHour@gmail.com and we’ll be happy to place you!!
See you tomorrow … right back here for this weeks first lesson on Integrity!